[Freeipa-users] Additional pre-authentication required, Ticket Wrong ?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 12:39:17 UTC 2015

On 03/29/2015 10:56 PM, Matt . wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tot home and typing from my cell so i'm suite short in words
>
> Create keytab for ldap-01.domain
> Kinit with that to ldap.domain
> Curl against ldap.domain
> Get a 301 which I manage from curl (goes well)
> Get kerberos ticket error
>
> now I don't kinit anymore so re-use my existing ticket and curl
> against ldap-01.domain and I'm accepted and can execute stuff.
>
> My ssl is OK, ticket also it seems.

Hard to say without the logs what is going on. However here is a thought:
If it is trying to get another ticket it might think that the service is
in a different domain.
Client libraries have a feature to detect which ticket to use depending
on the realm the resource belongs to.
May be it is thinking that it is a different realm and thus does not use
the ticket it has.