[Freeipa-users] Setup of SRV records for new domains

Brian Topping brian.topping at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:59:55 UTC 2015

Ah, thanks! I see what's going on now. That helps a lot.

I think what I was missing was the reluctance for IPA to serve domains that are not proper TLDs. I generally maintain internal security domains with an invented TLD since they are secure by definition. When I tried that today, it was unable to auto discover on this domain and I attributed it to the lack of SRV records.

Thanks for setting me straight!

Brian