[Freeipa-users] AD Trust & LDAP Compat mode w/ RHEL5/AIX

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue May 12 21:24:27 UTC 2015

On 05/12/2015 04:48 PM, Gould, Joshua wrote:
> Hopefully I¹m missing something simple.
>
> For an IPA user:
> $ ldapsearch -x ³(&(uid=ipa_user)(objectclass=posixAccount))² -b
> dc=ipa,dc=example,dc=com
>
> This returns a match.
>
> For an AD user:
> $ ldapsearch -x ³(&(uid=ad_user)(objectclass=posixAccount))² -b
> cn=compat,dc=ipa,dc=example,dc=com
>
> Does not return any matches.
>
> I verified that all my IPA servers have the compatibility plugin enabled.
>
> # ipa-compat-manage status
> Directory Manager password:
>
> Plugin Enabled
> #

Can you log into a server as an IPA user and then su to an AD user with
authentication?
If that works it means that trust is actually working. I would start
with confirming that part.
If we know that the trust is actually working we can move to debugging
the compat-plugin. If it is not working we would know why nothing is
showing up in the tree.
Looking at SSSD trace on IPA server that corresponds to the time when
you run the LDAP search might shed some light on what is going on.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Director of Engineering for IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.