[Freeipa-users] AD Trust & LDAP Compat mode w/ RHEL5/AIX

Gould, Joshua Joshua.Gould at osumc.edu
Wed May 13 13:22:10 UTC 2015

I can login to a RHEL6/7 server as an IPA user and SU to an AD user and it
works fine. I can also login directly as an AD user as well.

For my RHEL5 system, I can login as a IPA user but can not su - or login
as a AD user.

-sh-3.2$ su - ad_user
su: user goul09 does not exist

As I mentioned before, queries to the compat part of the tree do not
return any matches either.

On my RHEL6 client, I saw this, which indicates there’s a different
approach used.

(Tue May 12 12:10:10 2015) [sssd[be[unix.osumc.edu]]]
[sdap_get_generic_ext_step] (0x0400): calling ldap_search_ext with
[(&(sAMAccountName=ad_user)(objectclass=user)(sAMAccountName=*)(objectSID=*
))][dc=example,dc=com].