[Freeipa-users] 4.1.4 and OTP

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon May 18 09:31:28 UTC 2015

On 05/18/2015 01:49 AM, Janelle wrote:
> On 4/28/15 6:44 AM, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> <snip> for shorter thread....

>>> TOTP...
>>>
>>> Hmm, makes me wonder - with HOTP fail the same? Off to try it.
>> This should just affect TOTP. I have posted a patch that should fix
>> this problem. Are you able to test it?
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-April/msg00282.html
>>

> Sorry - I just got around to testing this and it does resolve the problem -
> HOWEVER, you took away the ability to "Name" the tokens? They are now
> "assigned" unique IDs??
>
> Was this intentional?

It was, we track this (half-done) change in this ticket:

The main problem here is that user token names share the same name space and we
thus do not want to create completely arbitrary names as they would collide.

Applications like FreeOTP allow users to set own labels, so this is IMO the way
how to add friendly names to the OTP tokens.

Martin