[Freeipa-users] Unable to communicate with CMS (Service Unavailable)

Terry John Terry.John at completeautomotivesolutions.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 10:56:43 UTC 2015

>On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 08:55:25PM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> On 11/12/2015 04:51 PM, Terry John wrote:
>> >
>> >I got a core dump of certmonger failing user abrt but it's huge. Is there any particular part that would be useful.
>>
>> CCing Nalin and David for the core dump. More below.

>My initial guess is that it's the same as the one reported in bug #1260871.  There's a fix for a problem that might be the cause in 0.77.6 and 0.78.5.  If you can try a 0.77.6 build from the COPR system >[1], it'll help us figure out if we've correctly identified the cause, or if the problem you're running into is a different one.
>Nalin

>[1] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/nalin/certmonger/build/139854/

I'm not sure updating certmonger would help us in this case. The problem was that the CMS service was not running which was a Java version issue. The Java installation in /usr/java/default/bin was version 1.6.

Currently certmonger is and everything else is running fine.
# yum list installed certmonger
Installed Packages
certmonger.x86_64                                      0.77.5-1.el6                                       @base

# service certmonger status
certmonger (pid  2288) is running...

# ls -l /usr/java/default/bin/java
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 22 Nov 13 14:14 /usr/java/default/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java
# ls -l  /etc/alternatives/java
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 46 Nov 13 14:13 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java

The Manheim group of companies within the UK comprises: Manheim Europe Limited (registered number: 03183918), Manheim Auctions Limited (registered number: 00448761), Manheim Retail Services Limited (registered number: 02838588), Motors.co.uk Limited (registered number: 05975777), Real Time Communications Limited (registered number: 04277845) and Complete Automotive Solutions Limited (registered number: 05302535). Each of these companies is registered in England and Wales with the registered office address of Central House, Leeds Road, Rothwell, Leeds LS26 0JE. The Manheim group of companies operates under various brand/trading names including Manheim Inspection Services, Manheim Auctions, Manheim Direct, Manheim De-fleet and Manheim Aftersales Solutions.

V:0CF72C13B2AC