[Freeipa-users] LDAP creditentials for Squid

holo holosian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:47:45 UTC 2015

Hello,
Thank you for reply. I used your links and i configured squid to use
FreeIPA/LDAP to authenticate. IMy main problem was with connection to
LDAP server cos i didnt have "Domain  Manager" credentials for ldap and
according to that doc: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Change_Directo
ry_Manager_Password from that password depends other things in freeipa.
I solve it such way:
1. Made backup of present configuration file - dse.ldif
2.  Changed password accroding to link:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/howto/howto-resetdirmgrpa
ssword.html
3. Create LDAP user for squid like for ejabberd in this how to:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/EJabberd_Integration_with_FreeIPA_using_LDA
P_Group_memberships
4. Restored backup of dse.ldif
5. Configured Squid to use ldap with new creditentials according to
your link: https://workaround.org/squid-ldap/
Everything is working like i was expected. Thank you for help
//holo