[Freeipa-users] Another CentOS 6.x to CentOS 7.1 migration question

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Tue Sep 22 03:06:49 UTC 2015

I've followed the migration document
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/migrating-ipa-proc.html
almost to the end.

I'm at step 10, which stops everything on the old . My concern is all
the installed servers that are pointing at the old system. That host name
is hardcoded in sssd.conf all over my network, and we rely on freeIPA for
centralized user management and ssh keys.

My original system was auth.example, and the new one is auth-2.example. Is
it safe to make auth.example a CNAME to auth-2.example? Or will something
somewhere break if the ip address changes (and is pointing at a newer
version of freeIP)?

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons