[Freeipa-users] Install/promote new CA old one corrupted before backups

McNiel, Craig craig.mcniel at pearson.com
Fri Apr 1 13:24:44 UTC 2016

Sadly -

I don't think that CA is installed on other replica's  They were installed
following the replica-prepare and replica-install process with nothing else
done outside of this process to install CA.

I did not have backups yet when the incident occurred so I only have the
replica's created from the original CA/master

The documentation that I was following was the following

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master

I rapidly ran into issues with this on the replica's which I suspect is due
to them not having CA installed.

Thanks !

Craig

--