[Freeipa-users] Change replica hostname and IP address?

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 09:27:02 UTC 2016

On 04/12/2016 05:00 PM, Zak Wolfinger wrote:
> We need to do some juggling of servers while we migrate to the latest version.
>
> Is it possible to change the hostname and IP addresses of the replicas?  Or
> would I be better off just spinning up new ones?

Usually it is easier to spin up a new one assuming that clients are
configured to use DNS discover(i.e. are not configured just against the
to be removed replica)

Changing IP is possible - one has to make sure that all DNS records are
changed. But changing hostname is not supported - it would require many
manual intervention in IPA internals.

--
Petr Vobornik