[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA with smart card using LightDM

Michael Rainey (Contractor) michael.rainey.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Thu Apr 28 21:09:16 UTC 2016

I am wondering if anyone out there is currently using freeIPA with smart
cards along with LightDM.  I have systems running SL7.2 with GDM and I
have users that prefer to use XFCE or KDE over the default GNOME-Shell.
The problem with GDM is I am not able to get screen lock feature to work
across multiple desktop environments.  If anyone uses XFCE, xscreensaver
will need to be installed so they can lock their screen.  This choice
also makes using the smart card useless when logging back into the
system.  Also, I haven't been able call the lock screen from the
command-line.  What examples I have found do not work due to a missing
ScreenSaver object.

If anyone has any good solutions to this problem I would enjoy hearing them.

Thanks in advance.
--
*Michael Rainey*