[Freeipa-users] A question related to ipa webui

bahan w bahanw042014 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:10:21 UTC 2016

Hello !

I'm using ipa 3.0.0.47.

I have an architecture where the IPA server is located on a secure zone,
not accessible from anyone.

The IPA server has 2 network interfaces :
- IP1
- IP2

In the secure zone, the IP1 network is used for the communication between
the servers.
The IP2 is used for administrators to connect to the servers inside the
secure zone.

The only way to connect to the IPA server for external users is a proxy
which allows us to connect to the IP2.

I installed the ipa-server using the IP1 network interface.
When I try to connect through proxy to the IPA webui, I use the IP2 network
interface.

My problem is the following :
I type the following URL :
https://<IP2>

It redirects me to the following URL :
https://<IP1>/ipa/ui

When I try https://<IP2>/ipa/ui, it redirects me to https://<IP1>/ipa/ui.

And unfortunately, this IP1 is not reachable from outside of the secure
zone.

When I check from the server, I can see the service is listening on all
network interfaces.
###
# lsof -i :443
COMMAND   PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
httpd    2427 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2428 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2429 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2430 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2431 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2432 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2433 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd    2434 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
httpd   30861   root    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
###

Is there something I am missing in the IPA configuration for the WebUI
please ?

Best regards.

Bahan