[Freeipa-users] A question related to ipa webui

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 09:30:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:10:21AM +0200, bahan w wrote:

> I'm using ipa 3.0.0.47.
>
> I have an architecture where the IPA server is located on a secure zone,
> not accessible from anyone.
>
> The IPA server has 2 network interfaces :
> - IP1
> - IP2
>
> In the secure zone, the IP1 network is used for the communication between
> the servers.
> The IP2 is used for administrators to connect to the servers inside the
> secure zone.
>
> The only way to connect to the IPA server for external users is a proxy
> which allows us to connect to the IP2.
>
> I installed the ipa-server using the IP1 network interface.
> When I try to connect through proxy to the IPA webui, I use the IP2 network
> interface.
>
> My problem is the following :
> I type the following URL :
> https://<IP2>
>
> It redirects me to the following URL :
> https://<IP1>/ipa/ui
>
> When I try https://<IP2>/ipa/ui, it redirects me to https://<IP1>/ipa/ui.

[...]

> httpd    2433 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
> httpd    2434 apache    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
> httpd   30861   root    4u  IPv4 xxxxxx      0t0  TCP *:https (LISTEN)
> ###
>
> Is there something I am missing in the IPA configuration for the WebUI
> please ?

Perhaps

	https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-proxy-with-different-name

could give some hints.

It was tested on FreeIPA 4.* -- on 3.0, you might need to tweak it
a bit but the theory and goal should be the same.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat