[Freeipa-users] freeipa server capacity planning

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 11:00:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have successfully running freeipa setup across my envs.. and now planning
to move it to one of the prod envs where we have around 4000 clients.

I am running a single IPA server instance with regular backups being taken
to handle any disasters

Are there any recommendations on the system configuration, I am using a 4
CPU, 30GB Ram machine. will that be ok or should I upgrade to a higher
configuration

Also, the default File descriptors is set to 8192 by IPA, with the number
of clients does it make sense to increase the value of
nsslapd-maxdescriptors.

Please let me know

Thanks,

Rakesh