[Freeipa-users] Delegated administration use case

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:17:46 UTC 2016

My IPA server has bunch of IPA-clients registered with it, i have done department/product wise grouping of my ipa clients and users. Example: for business unit1 (BU1) i have "BU1UserGroup" and "BU1HostGroup" similarly  for BU2 its "BU2UserGroup" & "BU2HostGroup". Now i  want to have department wise delegation administration in such a way that admin of BU1 can manage access for the users in "BU1UserGroup" and "BU1HostGroup" and admin of BU2 can manage the users and hosts for hosts in "BU2UserGroup" & "BU2HostGroup".  Essentially these sub admins should have full access to manage the access privileges for users and mange the hosts for their respective department/BU.
I am still playing with IPA to understand this better but thought of asking you if this is a valid user case of IPA server and any pointer how this can be achieved would be much appreciated
Thanks,Deepak