[Freeipa-users] IPA port 80

Sean Hogan schogan at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 31 21:22:29 UTC 2016

Hi all,

  Been reading a lot about Port 80 for IPA and firewalls but have not found
a concrete answer.  I know the redhat docs indicate port 80 is required
bidirectional however I need to investigate if it is truly needed.

GUI only responds to 443 so not sure what else would be utilizing port 80.
I have seen some references that dogtag proxies its ports to 80 and 443 but
if the gui is running on 443 does that mean dogtag is proxying via 443
only?  Or is there a way to tell?   Has anyone attempted not opening port
80 from IPA Server to IPA Server and clients to IPA server?
ipa-server-3.0.0-50.el6.1.x86_64

Sean Hogan