[Freeipa-users] Naming a FreeIPA domain and router differences

Harry Kashouli kashmancy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:15:53 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I want to make sure I'm understanding how to name my FreeIPA server.

(following names are placeholders)
On my router, I've set the domain to localdomain, so my server
automatically gets the full name as server.localdomain. I want my FreeIPA
domain to be domain.custom.com because I own the custom.com domain; so when
I'm setting it up, I answer the "server host name" question as
pc.domain.custom.com.

Is this wrong? Does the domain on my router have to match the FreeIPA
domain in any way?

Thanks,
-Harry