[Freeipa-users] (no subject)

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 02:28:32 UTC 2016

Hello

I have indirect map that I would like to list the keys but from
command line.  I am able to see every key on the home directories map,
but it display just names for the rest of the maps.

Looking at the man page, I believe this would be my solution.

       -m, --dumpmaps [<map type> <map name>]
              With no parameters, list information about the
configured automounter maps, then exit.
              If  the  dumpmaps option is given and is followed by two
parameters, "<map type> <map name>" then simple "<key, value>" pairs
that would be read in
              by a map read are printed to stdout if the given map
type and map name are found in the map configuration.

My maps looks like this:

Mount point: /projects

source(s):
lookup_nss_read_map: reading map sss auto.projects
do_init: parse(sun): init gathered global options: (null)
lookup_nss_read_map: reading map files auto.projects

  instance type(s): sss
  map: auto.projects
  quetzal | -fstype=autofs ldap:auto.projects-quetzal
  tercel | -fstype=autofs ldap:auto.projects-tercel

After reading the above map page, I was hoping the below command would
list keys on one of the projects map.  It doesn't work though.

automount --dumpmaps map autofs map tercel

The info page isn't also any better.  I wonder if someone can explain
the use of these keys by an example.  Would be very grateful

"<map type> <map name>"

Regards,

William