[Freeipa-users] Naming a FreeIPA domain and router differences

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 07:56:59 UTC 2016

On 8.12.2016 22:40, Harry Kashouli wrote:
> Ah, I think I totally misread the DNS page, the first time...
> https://www.freeipa.org/page/DNS
>

> Looks like I should put the router on int.custom.com as a domain, and I can
> create the freeipa domain as domain.custom.com

It depends on you how you want to name the machines. FreeIPA does not care as
long as requirements in the DNS page are met.

Meeting the requirements is significantly easier when you use actual names you
own as it mitigates risk of name collisions.

If you have some specific question do not hesitate to ask.
Petr^2 Spacek

--
Petr^2 Spacek