[Freeipa-users] Cannot start freeipa after reboot of server

Fujisan fujisan43 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:52:23 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a big problem here
I have rebooted my freeipa server and noticed that no login screen appeared
after the reboot making it impossible to log in, even through an ssh
session from my desktop.
I also rebooted the replica and got the same problem.

I rebooted again the replica in rescue mode and tried to start freeipa
manually:

# systemctl restart ipa.service
Error getting authority: Error initializing authority: could not connect:
No such file or directory
Welcome to emergency mode! After logging in, type 'journalctl -xb' to view
system logs. ...
Try again to boot into default mode.
Give root password for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue)