[Freeipa-users] ID Views without AD

Mike Kelly pioto at pioto.org
Tue Feb 16 16:23:10 UTC 2016

>>  Thanks. Here's what is hopefully the relevant lines:
>
> I'm sorry, but these logs only capture how the original entry was
searched, not the overrides. Can you capture the full logs since the sssd
startup? Also please make sure the cache was invalidated prior to the
request with sss_cache -E.

Attached are the full logs since a restart of sssd.

I ran these commands:

systemctl stop sssd

echo '----MARK----' >> /var/log/sssd/sssd_home.pioto.org.log # so I could
mark were the restart happened

sss_cache -E

systemctl start sssd

sss_cache -E

id pioto

----

I still don't see the override being applied. Possibly because of this line?

(Tue Feb 16 11:12:27 2016) [sssd[be[home.pioto.org]]]
[ipa_get_ad_override_send]
(0x4000): View not defined, nothing to do.

So, I get the feeling that, for whatever reason, sssd isn't correctly
deciding that my id view applies to this host, or just isn't looking it up?

Is there possibly some sort of extra configuration that I've missed to tell
SSSD to apply these views? From what I can tell, it should just pick these
up out of the box, from the configuration built by ipa-client-install...?