[Freeipa-users] ID Views without AD

Mike Kelly pioto at pioto.org
Thu Feb 18 02:25:25 UTC 2016

Digging into the code more, I wonder if this is a bug in sssd?

https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/blob/sssd-1_13_0/src/db/sysdb.h#L465-L474 --
NULL is treated as the "default" view, as is the literal string "default",
in is_default_view(...).

https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/blob/sssd-1_13_0/src/providers/ipa/ipa_views.c#L274-L284
-
NULL is treated as "View not defined, nothing to do",
in ipa_get_ad_override_send(...).

Seems possible that, if that first condition is removed, things could work
like I'd expect them to?

But, I'm just grasping at straws at this point... is there possibly some
config field I can use to force the view name? I feel like the code that's
supposed to detect the view name isn't triggering correctly in my case, and
that's what is triggering the issue...

--

Mike Kelly