[Freeipa-users] Split backup actions in stop - backup - start commands

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:47:46 UTC 2016

Hi David,

I have tested your way out and it seems to be OK.

The reason why I need this was is so I can perform a stop and
ipa-backup before I start my backup to my backupserver. (pre-command).

If I use ipa-backup directly it errors between the stop of ipa and the
actual ipa backup. I need to check that out further.

An ipactl start is not needed it seems as the ipa-backup command seems
to start ipa at any time again.

Do you understand/agree here ?