[Freeipa-users] Unable to get new certificates after upgrade

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Sat Feb 27 21:40:08 UTC 2016

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016, Alessandro De Maria wrote:
>great that explains a lot! Thank you.
>
>My hunt for > 4.2.0 was just because in the release note for 4.2.1 it had:
>
>   - Various fixes for new Certificates Profiles feature
>

>So I immediately assumed the problem I might be experiencing could be fixed
>by an upgrade (I have tried everything else I know)
>
>But thank you this is already very helpful.
>
>I hope I can find some other pointed to understand my issue then.
I think you are hitting https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5682

commit 704319c3eaf74e0531dd2aa1e5880db7b6ab830c
Author: Martin Babinsky <mbabinsk at redhat.com>
Date:   Mon Feb 22 13:35:41 2016 +0100

    upgrade: unconditional import of certificate profiles into LDAP

    During IPA server upgrade, the migration of Dogtag profiles into LDAP
    backend was bound to the update of CS.cfg which enabled the LDAP profile
    subsystem. If the subsequent profile migration failed, the subsequent
    upgrades were not executing the migration code leaving CA subsystem in
    broken state. Therefore the migration code path should be executed
    regardless of the status of the main Dogtag config file.

    Reviewed-By: Fraser Tweedale <ftweedal at redhat.com>
    Reviewed-By: Jan Cholasta <jcholast at redhat.com>

This should be part of 4.2.4 release and will eventually make into
RHEL/CentOS updates.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy