[Freeipa-users] how to force switch to another kdc

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:31:41 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Karl Forner <karl.forner at gmail.com> wrote:

> update:
>
> modifying the /etc/krb5.conf, and replacing the name of my freeipa master
> by the replica fixes the problem.
> So that proves that the kdc is not picked up by discovery.
>
> The problem is that my ubuntu box was enrolled using the
> ipa-client-install script, and so should be properly configured.
>
> Did I miss any critical option ?
> What should the /etc/krb5.conf be like ?

Could you post your krb5.conf ?

This is a working example in a centos 6 host:

al-only additions here, put content in /etc/motd-local ##
]$ cat /etc/krb5.conf
includedir /var/lib/sss/pubconf/krb5.include.d/
#File modified by ipa-client-install

[libdefaults]
  default_realm = IPA.DOMAIN.TLD
  dns_lookup_realm = true