[Freeipa-users] unable to add user in freeIPA 4.2.3 using the web UI

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 16:17:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, 08 Jan 2016, Karl Forner wrote:
>> If you never added users through this IPA server, it has no subset of ID
>> range
>> allocated to IDs issued on this server. To obtain this subset, it needs
>> to talk back to the master on first allocation. Master is missing, thus
>> it couldn't talk to it.
>>

>thanks.
>
>But if I understand, I just can not add any users from my replica ?
>Does not it defeat the purpose of the replica as a failover server ?
>Or obtaining the subset of IDs should be part of the process of setting-up
>a replica ?
ID range is relatively scarce. We don't split it across multiple
replicas automatically because most of them will not be used to create
users and thus their sub-ranges will be wasted.

Documentation for the DNA plugin:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/10/html/Configuration_Command_and_File_Reference/dna-attributes.html

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy