[Freeipa-users] unable to add user in freeIPA 4.2.3 using the web UI

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:30:24 UTC 2016

Ok.

I read a work-around on https://blog-rcritten.rhcloud.com/?p=50

It says that if one has figured out a safe new range for the replica, the
range could be set using:

ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -W
Enter LDAP Password:
dn: cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: dnaNextValue
dnaNextValue: 1689700000
-
replace: dnaMaxValue
dnaMaxValue: 1689799999
^D

modifying entry "cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config"

I suppose this can be dangerous, but would you consider it as a
work-around, or should it be avoided at all means ?