[Freeipa-users] copying through intermediate host.

Tony Brian Albers tba at statsbiblioteket.dk
Fri Jul 8 08:50:08 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to copy relevant users and groups from one IPA
server(server1) to another(server2). This is they can't talk to one
another, they can't even establish connections to something outside
their own networks. SSH into the servers from where I am(workstation1)
works fine for both of them.

Is there a way to use ipa migrate-ds and get it to dump to a file that I
can import on server2?

The network layout is like this
server1----<<firewall1<<----workstation1---->>firewall2>>----server2

So, the firewalls allow connections from workstation1 to server 1 and
server2, but not from server1 to server2 or from either server1 or
server2 to workstation1.

The easy solution would be dumping the necessary info from the IPA
server to a file and then import it on the other server.

Any suggestions?  I've looked a bit at ssh port forwarding, but I can't
really get an idea as how to relay the two connections to the servers to
oneanother.

Thanks,

Tony

--
Best regards,

Tony Albers
Systems administrator, IT-development
State and University Library, Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
Tel: +45 8946 2316