[Freeipa-users] copying through intermediate host.

Tony Brian Albers tba at statsbiblioteket.dk
Fri Jul 8 09:58:42 UTC 2016

Replying to myself here, I do that sometimes when I feel alone ;)

I actually tried ssh port forwarding and relaying through workstation1,
like so:

ssh -L 9000:localhost:389 root at server2  (in one terminal)

ssh -R 9100:localhost:9000 root at server1 (in another terminal)

And then, on server1:

echo password | ipa migrate-ds --bind-dn="cn=Directory Manager"
--user-container=cn=users,cn=accounts
--group-container=cn=groups,cn=accounts --group-objectclass=posixgroup
--user-ignore-attribute={krbPrincipalName,krbextradata,krblastfailedauth,krblastpwdchange,krblastsuccessfulauth,krbloginfailedcount,krbpasswordexpiration,krbticketflags,krbpwdpolicyreference,mepManagedEntry} --user-ignore-objectclass=mepOriginEntry --with-compat ldap://localhost:9100

But I get:
ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access:  Invalid credentials

Even though the password _is_ correct and port 9100 is connected to ipa
on server2:

[server1]# ldapsearch -x -h localhost:9100  -b dc=server2,dc=server2net
uid=admin
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=server2,dc=server1net> with scope subtree
# filter: uid=admin
# requesting: ALL
#

# admin, users, compat, server2.server2net
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=server2,dc=server2net
cn: Administrator
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: ipaOverrideTarget

So, I can connect to server2 on server1's port 9100 but I can't get ipa
migrate-ds to use it.

And I did a kinit admin on server1 first ;)

Any suggestione are appreciated.

/tony