[Freeipa-users] sudo - differences between Centos 6.5 and Centos 7.0?

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 11:27:09 UTC 2016

On (13/07/16 11:18), Tomas Simecek wrote:
>Dear freeIPA gurus,
>in previous thread (
>https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2016-July/msg00046.html) you
>helped me make sudo working for AD users on Centos 7.0 (
>spcss-2t-www.linuxdomain.cz).
>It was caused by not knowing sudo needs to be enabled in HBAC rules.
>Now it works properly on Centos 7.0 client.
>But it does not work on Centos 6.5 (zp-cml-test.linuxdomain.cz) with the
>same sssd.conf setup.
>Error message is always:

A) I would not recommend to use such obsolete distribution as CentOS 6.5
   There is quite old version of sssd (1.9.x) which has some bugs which
   are solved in later versions. Better would be use the latest CentOS 6.8
   or at least CentOS 6.7

B) Have you tried to follow instructions
   https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/HOWTO_Troubleshoot_SUDO

Please provide any comments how we can improve troubleshooting wiki.

LS