[Freeipa-users] IPA, Samba and how can a Windows client access it

Detlev Habicht detlev.habicht at ims.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jun 16 08:47:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

first i thought, it is an awkward question, but my smart colleague here also
cannot help me, so i try it:

I read this and i have installed it:

"Howto/Integrating a Samba File Server With IPA"
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Integrating_a_Samba_File_Server_With_IPA

This is working as described. But this works only for Linux so far.

We are not able to find a configuration, so a single Windows client have access
to the Samba Server. Only with his IPA account (username and password)!
I don’t want to use something like trusted AD. As i said, for the Windows clients
i want only to use an username and password for Samba, using IPA.

Well, this is the configuration as described in the docu:

[global]
        workgroup = MY
        realm = MY.REALM
        dedicated keytab file = FILE:/etc/samba/samba.keytab
        kerberos method = dedicated keytab
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        security = ads

Any idea what i can do for my wishes?

Thank you!

Detlev

--
  Detlev  | Institut fuer Mikroelektronische Systeme
  Habicht | D-30167 Hannover +49 511 76219662 habicht at ims.uni-hannover.de