[Freeipa-users] IPA, Samba and how can a Windows client access it

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Thu Jun 16 10:52:32 UTC 2016

Hi Detlev

If I have understood you correctly, you want to let Windows users access
Samba "shares" using their IPA username/passwords?

If so it is possible. We have both Windows and OSX workstations accessing
unix fileshares like that.

We did it more or less along the lines described here:
http://techslaves.org/2011/08/24/freeipa-and-samba-3-integration/

If you search the archives of this forum with FreeIPA Samba Lamb you will
find some previous threads on this topic.

Chris