[Freeipa-users] Users directory Browsing -

Matt Wells matt.wells at mosaic451.com
Tue Mar 8 14:29:04 UTC 2016

For my use case it is.  Essentially the system will be application auth for
separate groups that have no need to know of one another, almost a
multi-tenant mode.  I wanted to expose a 'self service' url.  I've found a
community ipa portal for password resets and perhaps that with slight
changes can resolve this.  I understand why it's that way but had hoped to
be able to apply a bit more of an ACI; I've been able to ratchet the
accounts down to just this one item thus far by restricting access to
attributes.  I appreciate the response and if / when I find a solution I'll
post it for anyone else that would require it.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Prashant Bapat <prashant at apigee.com> wrote:

> A user will be able to list all other users and be able to read their
> attributes. But will not be able to change anything.
>
> Is that an issue ? I mean on a Linux box you can read /etc/passwd file
> which has info about all users on that box. This doesn't cause issues.
>
> On 8 March 2016 at 03:03, Matt Wells <matt.wells at mosaic451.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I had a quick question.  I swear I had this before but that could
>> be the voices telling me it's true....
>> A normal user is logging into IPA (4.2.0) and filling in their phone
>> number and info no problem.  However when that user clicks on accounts
>> above they are then able to peruse the entire directory and all the other
>> user accounts.
>> I'm trying to remove that but for the life of me can't recall the ACI or
>> where that may be.
>>
>> I really appreciate it, I'll continue to search through the previous
>> questions and if I find it before a reply will mark this closed with the
>> link.
>> Thank you all -
>> Wells
>>
>> --

Matt Wells
Chief Systems Architect
RHCA, RHCVA - #110-000-353
(702) 808-0424
matt.wells at mosaic451.com
 Las Vegas | Phoenix | Portland Mosaic451.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmittal is a confidential communication or
may otherwise be privileged. If you are not intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is
please notify this office, and immediately delete this message and all its
attachments, if any.