[Freeipa-users] Users directory Browsing -

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 08:31:27 UTC 2016

On 8.3.2016 15:29, Matt Wells wrote:
> For my use case it is.  Essentially the system will be application auth for
> separate groups that have no need to know of one another, almost a
> multi-tenant mode.  I wanted to expose a 'self service' url.  I've found a
> community ipa portal for password resets and perhaps that with slight
> changes can resolve this.  I understand why it's that way but had hoped to
> be able to apply a bit more of an ACI; I've been able to ratchet the
> accounts down to just this one item thus far by restricting access to
> attributes.  I appreciate the response and if / when I find a solution I'll
> post it for anyone else that would require it.

Be sure you fully think though your use cases and understand the implications.

E.g. if the LDAP is used by unix clients, locking it down to one user or group
may prevent clients from translating UIDs to names and vice-versa, prevent
resolving group membership etc. That would certainly break things.

In this case you might want to craft ACI which exposes POSIX attributes only
and nothing else or so.

Again, think about it :-)

Petr^2 Spacek