[Freeipa-users] Tracking Login Times

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 17:56:27 UTC 2016

Bob wrote:
> If each IPA server tracks time of last auth independently, then one ipa
> server might disable an inactive account. But that account might be
> active on another servers. In a fail over case where the server that
> that account normally uses is down, the user would not have a usable
> account.
>
> Is it possible to use the account policy plugin?  Or is there a way to
> track time of last auth that is replicated.  I need to have accounts
> that have been inactive for 90 days automatically disabled.

You can't use the account policy plugin but it isn't aware of Kerberos
so it would miss potentially a lot of authentications.

You could modify replication agreements to not ignore this attribute but
you potentially create a replication "storm", particularly early morning
when everyone logs in at the same time.

In any case IPA password policy doesn't currently handle inactivity.
There is a ticket open: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4975
(with a potential short-term workaround).

rob