[Freeipa-users] Renewing an externally signed HTTP/LDAP certificate

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 19:47:21 UTC 2016

Joseph Timothy Foley wrote:
> I just discovered that the certificate on ipa2.cs.ru.is is good to August,
> so I have a little bit of breathing room.  That said, the ipa.cs.ru.is
> certificate will expire on March 23, so I need to update it.

The process to get a new cert is pretty much the same as you obtained
the original assuming you kept the original CSR. You'd re-submit that to
StartSSL and they will provide a new certificate in PEM format.

Add that to the relevant database via:

# certutil -A -n "Server-Cert" -d /path/to/db -t u,u,u -a -i /path/to
cert.pem

I can't give much more specific information without knowing if you are,
for example, using the came cert/key for both 389-ds and Apache.

rob