[Freeipa-users] Automatic consistency checking

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Thu May 5 14:32:30 UTC 2016

On 05/05/2016 03:54 PM, Andrew Holway wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've been using Freeipa on Centos for a while and found one day that
> the replication stuff was broken and that the LDAP database on our pair
> of IPA servers was inconsistent. We didn't know how long this had been
> broken for but we were not able to repair it either.
>
> We use AWS so we've now deployed RHEL AMI's and are now using IdM so we
> can get support when this is breaking but I am a bit stuck how to
> monitor that the replication is still working.
>
> So is there some monitoring mechanisms in FreeIPA?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

to check the status of a replica you can use the following command:

"""
ipa-replica-manage list -v replica1.ipa.test
master1.ipa.test: replica
   last init status: None
   last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00
   last update status: 0 Replica acquired successfully: Incremental
update succeeded
   last update ended: 2016-05-05 14:29:01+00:00
"""

--
Martin^3 Babinsky