[Freeipa-users] Automatic consistency checking

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Thu May 5 14:35:42 UTC 2016

On 05.05.2016 15:54, Andrew Holway wrote:

Hello,

We've been using Freeipa on Centos for a while and found one day that the replication stuff was broken and that the LDAP database on our pair of IPA servers was inconsistent. We didn't know how long this had been broken for but we were not able to repair it either.

We use AWS so we've now deployed RHEL AMI's and are now using IdM so we can get support when this is breaking but I am a bit stuck how to monitor that the replication is still working.

So is there some monitoring mechanisms in FreeIPA?

Cheers,

Andrew

This is planned for future, you can use https://github.com/peterpakos/ipa_check_consistency (community script without any guarantee) to check your servers.

Martin