[Freeipa-users] Dogtag migration to FreeIPA

Ha T. Lam hatlam at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:46:48 UTC 2016

Hi Fraser,

Thank you very much for the immediate response. Our use-case for Dogtag is:
our installation engineers request a signing CA cert through the Dogtag web
interface, and our admin grants the request, anything following is not
managed with Dogtag. So we only use Dogtag for managing the root cert and
the signing CA certs (beside OCSP, audit certs, etc that come with the
system).

I'm not sure how your solution would work in our case, if we import a
signing cert into Dogtag and sign other certs that we give to our
installation engineers using it, it would change our current cert chain.

Reading your reply, I realized I probably misunderstood how FreeIPA worked,
I thought I only needed to import Dogtag's Root CA (which is our company
Root CA) into FreeIPA's Dogtag for it to work. Just for checking, this
would not work, would it?

Thanks,
Ha