[Freeipa-users] How does one authenticate Windows login against IPA

John Meyers john+freeipa at themeyers.us
Wed May 18 22:26:55 UTC 2016

Thanks.  I've experimented with that as well with vanilla MIT kerberos
(prior to using FreeIPA) and I agree it works just fine.  However, the
limitation I always found was that it is not practical to manually
create the "shadow objects" and then keep in them in sync.  I was hoping
the "winsync" feature would actually be able to handle that part of it,
but it only seems to be able to deal with accounts that come from AD
initially.