[Freeipa-users] OCSP and CRL in certs for java firefox plugin

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:53:00 UTC 2016

> To summarize, your options seem to be:
> * Create ipa-ca DNS record in your primary domain
> * Update the main default certificate profile (present in FreeIPA 4.2+)
> * Migrate whole FreeIPA deployment to other DNS primary you would control
> (pqr.xyz.com) - which is a lot of work but may unblock you in future if
> you
> want to start the mentioned AD trusts.
>
> Martin

Thanks Martin for the suggestions. In the short term, updating the external
will probably not work. Eventually, migration to a domain that I can
control will be a better idea, but that will involve a lot more work. Is
there any documentation on doing the migration ? My deployment is actually
fairly simple right now. We just use it internally for our small lab,
mostly as a replacement for NIS. No AD or windows machines. Hence, I didn't
bother with a lot of complex dns stuff to begin with. I guess, the only
thing we need to preserve is usernames, groups and passwords in the
migration.

Regarding your second point, how do I go about updating the cert profile ?
Is there any documentation ? If this is not a standard feature, do you
think I should open an RFE ?

Also, I'm surprised that nothing broke yet despite the OCSP/CRL stuff not
working ever. Isn't this important security-wise? Yet, browsers don't seem
to complain by default for https certs once the CA is trusted. Only the
java plugin brought this to my attention.