[Freeipa-users] ipalib: SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 07:56:41 UTC 2016

On 11/07/2016 04:45 PM, Alessandro De Maria wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I tried from the host I am executing the script from, and I get:
> certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias/
> certutil: function failed: SEC_ERROR_LEGACY_DATABASE: The
> certificate/key database is in an old, unsupported format.
>

> From the FreeIPA server, as I said previously, I get:
>
> certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias/
>
> Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
> Attributes
>
>  SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI
>
> Signing-Cert                                                 u,u,u
> ipaCert                                                      u,u,u
> Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u
> PROD.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.COM <http://prod.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/> IPA CA
>                      CT,C,C
>

> From the FreeIPA server, I seem to be able to run the script, so we are
> definitely on the right track.
> How do I get the /etc/httpd/alias/ in sync across these hosts? can I
> copy it, or is there a way to regenerate it?
>
> Regards
> Alessandro
>
> On 7 November 2016 at 15:36, Alessandro De Maria
> <alessandro.demaria at gmail.com <mailto:alessandro.demaria at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Martin, this is the output from the id1 host:
>
>     certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias/
>
>     Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
>     Attributes
>
>      SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI
>
>     Signing-Cert                                                 u,u,u
>     ipaCert                                                      u,u,u
>     Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u
>     PROD.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.COM <http://PROD.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.COM> IPA CA
>                              CT,C,C
>

>     looks just like you suggested. Any other suggestion?
>
>     On 7 November 2016 at 10:56, Martin Babinsky <mbabinsk at redhat.com
>     <mailto:mbabinsk at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>         On 11/04/2016 04:52 PM, Alessandro De Maria wrote:
>
>             Hello,
>
>             I have a FreeIPA installation that is working very nicely,
>             we already
>             have configured many hosts and so far we are quite happy
>             with it.
>
>             I was trying to connect Ansible to fetch hosts from FreeIPA
>             using the
>             freeipa.py script
>             (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/contrib/inventory/freeipa.py
>             <https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/contrib/inventory/freeipa.py>)
>
>             Unfortunately when I run it, I get the following:
>
>             *ipa: ERROR: cert validation failed for
>             "CN=id1.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com,O=PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM
>             <http://PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM>
>             <http://PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM>" ((SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER) Peer's
>             certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)*
>             *ipa: ERROR: cert validation failed for
>             "CN=id2.prod.**xxxxxxxx**.com,O=PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM
>             <http://PROD.xxxxxxxx.COM>
> [...]

Alessandro,

I have just realized that this may be client-side problem. On the
executor you may need to import CA certificate from IPA server to local
/etc/ipa/nssdb and/or copy it into /etc/ipa/ca.crt as PEM file.

Or you can just enroll the node as IPA client and it will set up all
this stuff for you.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky