[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA v4.2 stopped working, wants me to run ipa-server-upgrade, but has errors

John Popowitch jpopowitch at cappex.com
Thu Oct 13 13:50:21 UTC 2016

Yeah, so very lucky.
I have no idea how this happened.
As I said before I inherited these servers so I don't really know what was done to get them to this state.
I'm guessing most if not all of the conflicts are naming conflicts for standard entries which were setup on all three servers.

Please help me to understand what this upgrade does.
What does ipa-server-upgrade do?
Each server has IPA RPMs for v4.2.0.
Does this command upgrade RPMs?
Does it need to be run on each server?