[Freeipa-users] Setting "preserve" as default action when deleting in webUI

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 15:47:50 UTC 2016

On 10/21/2016 02:13 PM, Sébastien Julliot wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> In order to prevent administrators to make mistakes that could have
>
> silly consequences, I would like to set "preserve" as the default selected
>
> action in freeipa's webui.
>
> What do you think would be the best way to achieve this ?

1. Quick, more work:

Create Web UI plugin which would change the hardcoded default to the
other value:
  related code:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/tree/install/ui/src/freeipa/user.js#n989
  example plugins: https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/plugins/
  plugin info: https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/#!/guide/Plugins

2. Uncertain delivery:
File a ticket to change default or make it configurable(IMO better). Let
core team to implement it. But note that there is quite a big number of
other tickets which we prioritize.

https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/newticket

3. Do #2 and contribute patch for it. When reviewed, it would then go to
currently developed version(4.5). This might be more work then #1.

4. dirty: change the default directly in Web UI code. Doesn't work well
with upgrades, not supported, hard to find it in minimized code.

--
Petr Vobornik