[Freeipa-users] Unable to setup replica (kadmin.local: No such entry in the database)

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Tue Sep 6 14:07:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 12:07 +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> I'm trying to add a fourth replica and it's failing in two places
> (depending on whether I enable the CA or not).

Both problems were tied to the same thing: I had a root user setup in
IPA (don't ask me why, I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the
time), and, in both cases, the upgrade script was trying to use the
root user via Kerberos rather than the Directory Manager.

I've removed root from IPA, and the replica installed perfectly.

Jonathan