[Freeipa-users] SSH login using putty from Windows to SSSD client in IPA AD trust

Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk
Wed Sep 7 07:15:21 UTC 2016

Running RHEL 7.2, IPA 4.2 and SSSD 1.13, we have set up a IPA-AD trust and trying to get Putty GSSAPI login to work.
In Putty GSSAPI have been enabled, and GSSAPI is enabled in sshd.

Logging in using password from Windows to Linux works, and logging in from Linux to Linux using kerberos works.

AD trust is a follows:

# ipa trust-find
----------------
2 trusts matched
----------------
Realm name: net.dr.dk
Domain NetBIOS name: NET
Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx

Realm name: place.dr.dk
Domain NetBIOS name: PLACE
Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Trust type: Active Directory domain
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 2
----------------------------

# ipa trust-show place.dr.dk
Realm name: place.dr.dk
Domain NetBIOS name: PLACE
Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx
Trust direction: Trusting forest
Trust type: Active Directory domain

# ipa trust-show net.dr.dk
Realm name: net.dr.dk
Domain NetBIOS name: NET
Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx

users are located in net.dr.dk.

--

Med venlig hilsen

Troels Hansen

Systemkonsulent

Casalogic A/S

T (+45) 70 20 10 63

M (+45) 22 43 71 57

Red Hat, SUSE, VMware, Citrix, Novell, Yellowfin BI, EnterpriseDB, Sophos og meget mere.