[Freeipa-users] SSL alert: CERT_VerifyCertificateNow: verify certificate failed for cert Server-Cert of family

bahan w bahanw042014 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:59:13 UTC 2016

Hello !

I send you this mail because I cannot restart my test IPA server.

When I try to start it with service ipa start, I got the following error
message :
###
# service ipa start
Starting Directory Service
Starting dirsrv:
    <MYREALM>...[14/Sep/2016:17:57:23 +0200] - SSL alert:
CERT_VerifyCertificateNow: verify certificate failed for cert Server-Cert
of family cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config (Netscape Portable Runtime error
-8181 - Peer's Certificate has expired.)
                                                           [  OK  ]
    PKI-IPA...[14/Sep/2016:17:57:33 +0200] - SSL alert:
CERT_VerifyCertificateNow: verify certificate failed for cert Server-Cert
of family cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config (Netscape Portable Runtime error
-8181 - Peer's Certificate has expired.)
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting KDC Service
Starting Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting KPASSWD Service
Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server:                          [  OK  ]
Starting MEMCACHE Service
Starting ipa_memcached:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting HTTP Service
Starting httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Failed to start HTTP Service
Shutting down
Stopping Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping Kerberos 5 Admin Server:                          [  OK  ]
Stopping ipa_memcached:                                    [  OK  ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Stopping pki-ca:                                           [  OK  ]
Shutting down dirsrv:
    <MYREALM>...                                    [  OK  ]
    PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]
Aborting ipactl

# service ipa status
Directory Service: STOPPED
Failed to get list of services to probe status:
Directory Server is stopped
###

Do you know how to renew the SSL certificate used for the IPA Server ?

Best regards.

Bahan