[Freeipa-users] Want to extend schema for ipahost

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:31:11 UTC 2016

Hi All,
I want to add couple of custom attribute to IPA Host. I have already added custom attributes and objectclass "AWSInstanceDetails" to my schema succesfully but when i am trying to modify existing host to include the new objectclass i am getting below error

ldap_modify: Object class violation (65)
	additional info: missing attribute "sn" required by object class "AWSInstanceDetails"
my ldif file to add the newly created objectclass.

dn: fqdn=testhost,dc=ddiam,dd=online
changetype: modify
add: objectclass
objectclass: AWSInstanceDetails
How can i extend my ipahost objectclass to include additional attributes? i followed this document to extend ipa userobjectclass https://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf but now i need help with ipahost
As always any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,Deepak