[Freeipa-users] Want to extend schema for ipahost

Florence Blanc-Renaud flo at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 11:41:00 UTC 2016

On 09/19/2016 01:31 PM, Deepak Dimri wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to add couple of custom attribute to IPA Host. I have already
> added custom attributes and objectclass "AWSInstanceDetails" to my
> schema succesfully but when i am trying to modify existing host to
> include the new objectclass i am getting below error
>
> ldap_modify: Object class violation (65)
>
> additional info: missing attribute "sn" required by object class
> "AWSInstanceDetails"
>

> my ldif file to add the newly created objectclass.
>

> dn: fqdn=testhost,dc=ddiam,dd=online
>
> changetype: modify
>
> add: objectclass
>
> objectclass: AWSInstanceDetails
>

> How can i extend my ipahost objectclass to include additional
> attributes? i followed this document to extend ipa
> userobjectclass https://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf but
> now i need help with ipahost
>

> As always any help would be much appreciated!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Deepak

Hi Deepak,

What is your schema definition for AWSInstanceDetails? If it requires
the "sn" attribute as a mandatory attribute (i.e in the MUST section),
then you need to define a value for sn in your ldif file. Otherwise the
schema would not be respected by your object.

For instance:
dn: fqdn=testhost,dc=ddiam,dd=online
changetype: modify
add: objectclass
objectclass: AWSInstanceDetails
-
add: sn
sn: myValue

If, on the contrary, you do not want the attribute to be mandatory, you
can define the AWSInstanceDetails objectclass with an optional "sn"
attribute, by putting sn in the MAY section.

Hope this helps,
Flo.