[Freeipa-users] 3rd party Cert install now IPA total broken

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Tue Sep 20 12:15:19 UTC 2016

Hello.

Thanks for the first help,

Am Montag, 19. September 2016, 12:02:19 schrieb Florence Blanc-Renaud:
> On 09/16/2016 03:06 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Freeipa 4.3.1
> >
> > I have now install a 3rd Party Certificat from Startcom now my IPA is
> > total
> > broken?

> > ipa-cacert-manage -p 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -n STARTCOM-ROOT -t C,, install
> > root.crt

I mean this is the wrong cert I installed :-(.

Is it possible to overwrite or delete and make it new. this file is the ROOT-CA
from STARTCOM ("30 Years")

> > ipa-certupdate
> >
> > ipa-server-certinstall -w -d ipa_3rd_ca.p12

This was wrong, I delete all this installed certs with
Certutil -d . -D -n xxxxxxx

> > I create this p12 with key.pem, cert.pem root.crt

now i create a new p12 with I hope the correct certs

I become from Startcom a httpd zip file with 1_root_bundle.crt ("15 Years")and
my wild-card Certificate this I included in my new created p12 with my key.pem.

This p12 I Installed on the first master with

pk12util -v -i ipa_4gjn_ca.p12 -d /etc/httpd/alias -k
/etc/httpd/alias/pwdfile.txt -W xxxxxxxx

pk12util -v -i ipa_4gjn_ca.p12 -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-4GJN-COM -k
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-4GJN-COM/pwdfile.txt -W xxxxxxx
and
pk12util -v -i ipa_4gjn_ca.p12 -d /var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat/alias -k
/etc/pki/pki-tomcat/pwdfile.txt -W xxxxxxxxx

I change the nss.conf and I hope the correct file in /etc/dirsrv/slapd-
XXXX/dsl.ldif

Then I change in all NSS DB the StartCOM Cert (1_root_bundle.crt) with name
STARTCOM-ROOT to
certutil -d . -M -t C,, -n STARCOM-ROOT

afterward I make a reboot and a test
ipactl status
Directory Service: RUNNING
krb5kdc Service: RUNNING
kadmin Service: RUNNING
named Service: RUNNING
ipa_memcached Service: RUNNING
httpd Service: RUNNING
ipa-custodia Service: RUNNING
pki-tomcatd Service: RUNNING
ipa-otpd Service: RUNNING
ipa-ods-exporter Service: STOPPED
ods-enforcerd Service: RUNNING
ipa-dnskeysyncd Service: RUNNING
ipa: INFO: The ipactl command was successful

Why is ipa-ods-exporter Service always STOPPED ??

The next I Test a login on the Web UI from IPA, this is now also working ;-)

the QUESTION is now what is with the second master and the IPA- clients
Now (?) I have also found the ipa-backup ;-) OK, for the next Problem now I
know it :-).

Have I to repeat this all on the second Master ?

and what is the correct way to inform the clients ?

Thanks again for a answer,

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer